Image Processing Specialist / Document Scanning Specialist
Courthouse Computer Systems, a regional leader in the digital enhancement of historical records, seeks a highly motivated and extraordinarily competent team member to assist us with preserving and securing historical government records. Join our growing software company as a member of our team of Image Processing and Document Scanning Specialists.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using a combination of company and 3rd party software, in several stages of a process, to clean up the scanned images for use in our company software
- Using a variety of types of scanning equipment to scan original county government records
- Tracking the scanned images through that process
- Performing quality control on the resulting finished images
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Moderate computer skills
- Proficiency with MS office products (Word, etc.) and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to type 30-40 words per minute
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment, such as scanners and photocopiers
- Ability to repetitively lift 50 lbs with no health restrictions
- Customer and team focused
- Self motivated with a strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Ability to quickly adapt to the implementation of new technologies and work-flow processes
- Ability to quickly transition from one project to another
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in office technology
- Experience with document scanning and image enhancement
- Ability to travel as needed
The function of this job requires prolonged standing or sitting, frequent bending, stooping, and/or stretching. It may require lifting up to 50 pounds, sometime repetitively, 10-15 times per day.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s relevant skills and experience. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Courthouse Computer Systems, located in the Chapel Hill / Durham area of North Carolina, is a customer-oriented technology company dedicated to serving county government by providing solutions that improve office efficiency, stability, and accuracy. Our software solutions and professional services streamline office workflow and increase accessibility to public information.
Please include your resume, references, and salary history and send email to