Systems Administrator / Technical Support
Join our growing software company as a Systems Administrator / Technical Support Analyst. You will be responsible for providing technical support for custom software that manages digital assets for county government offices. You will also be performing systems administration work in our office and for customers, as it pertains to our software.
Our software runs on Windows operating systems, and is in over twenty offices in North Carolina and surrounding states.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Quickly learning the software systems you will be supporting
- Deploying software to new and existing customers, including 3rd party requirements and software configuration
- Administering Active Directory
- Experience with VMware and other virtualization platforms
- Configuring IIS or other web servers
- Configuring firewalls and other security needs
- Setting up network monitoring and server redundancy
- Configuring cloud-based architectures, particularly Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure
- Providing networking input on in-house and customer networks
- Providing prompt and courteous phone and/or email support for new and existing customers
- Assessing and prioritizing customer issues, estimating resolution times, and resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Escalating issues to developers as appropriate, and continuing to work on issues with developers as needed, releasing fixes available to customers as quickly as possible
- Diagnosing issues with customers’ Windows environments which interfere with our software
- Documenting software defects and common Windows issues found by customers in web-based software systems
- Testing new releases of software
- Tracking versions of software released to each customer site
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of networking and/or systems administration experience
- Experience with Windows desktop support for end users, including navigating firewall, security, Windows profile, and Windows Active Directory issues
- Experience with NAS, SAN, RAID or other networked storage
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, fueled by a self-motivated desire to seek root causes of issues and to see complex projects from concept to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and team focused
- Self motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another
Ability to travel as needed
- Flexibility to solve customer issues outside of normal business hours as needed
- Experience with composing and running SQL queries to identify data related problems in production environments
- Experience deploying, configuring, and supporting the MySQL RDBMS
- Experience with other RDBMS systems such as SQL Server or Oracle
- MCSA or MCSE Certifications, or other applicable certifications
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s relevant skills and experience. The applicant can expect to be paid above average for this important position after providing assurance of a long-term commitment to the company.
May require car travel to client sites with occasional overnight trips for software deployment or support. Fewer than 20-30 overnight stays at client sites are expected per year.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Courthouse Computer Systems, located in the Chapel Hill / Durham area of North Carolina, is a customer-oriented technology company dedicated to serving county government by providing solutions that improve office efficiency, stability, and accuracy. Our software solutions and professional services streamline office workflow and increase accessibility to public information.
Please include your resume, references, salary history, and list any certifications that you have and send email to jobs@CourthouseComputerSystems.com